In general, cookies are used to retain user preferences, store information for things like shopping baskets, and provide anonymised tracking data to third party applications like Google Analytics.
As a rule, cookies will make your browsing experience better. However, you may prefer to disable cookies on this site and on others.
The most effective way to do this is to disable cookies in your browser.
• In Internet Explorer 11 you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, select the “Privacy” tab and, locate “Advanced” under Settings and choose if you want to allow, block or be promoted for first and third-party cookies.
• In Microsoft Edge click on the three dots icon in the top right-hand corner and select “Settings”. Locate “View advanced settings”. In the “Cookies” section you will find a drop-down menu where you can select “Block only third-party cookies” or “Block all cookies”. You will then have to re-start Microsoft Edge.
• In Firefox you can block all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Options”, and un-checking “Accept cookies from sites” in the “Privacy” box.
• In Google Chrome you can adjust your cookie permissions by clicking on the three dots icon in the top right-hand corner of your browser screen, selecting “Settings” from near the bottom of the drop-down list, then clicking on “Advanced” near the bottom. This should open options. In the “Privacy” section, click “Content Settings” and disable cookies by selecting “Block site from setting any data”. Click “Done” to save your preferences.
• On Safari on Apple OS X click on the Safari menu, then “Preferences” then “Privacy”. Under “Accept Cookies” unselect the “Always allow” option.
• For Opera choose “Settings”, “Quick Preferences” and uncheck “Enable Cookies”. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites. If you block cookies, you may not be able to use certain features on our website (log on, access content, use search functions). Deleting cookies You can also delete cookies already stored on your computer:
• In Internet Explorer 11 click on “Tools”, point to “Safety” and then select the “Delete browsing history”. Click on the “Cookies and website data” checkbox and then choose “Delete”.
• In Microsoft Edge click on the three dots icon in the top right-hand corner and select “Settings”. Under “Clear browsing data” select “Choose what to clear” and select the checkbox next to “Cookies and saved website data” then click on “Clear”. If you wish you can turn the “Always clear this when I close the browser” setting to “On”.
• To delete cookies from a particular website in Firefox, click on the three lines icon and choose “Options”. In the “Privacy & Security” panel go to the “History” section and in the drop menu next to “Firefox will” choose “Use custom settings for history”. A cookies window will appear when you click “Show Cookies”. In the Search field type the name of the site whose cookies you want to remove. Select the cookies you wish to remove and click “Remove Selected”. Click “Close” to close the Cookies window and the “about:preferences” page.
o To delete all cookies, open the cookies window as above and click “Remove All Cookies”.
• In Google Chrome click on the three dots icon in the top right-hand corner, select “Settings” and find “Advanced” near the bottom. Under “Privacy and
security” click on “Content settings”. Click on “Cookies” and Under “All cookies and site data” select “Remove All”. Confirm by clicking on “Clear all”.
• On Safari on Apple OS X click on the Safari menu, then select “Preferences” from the drop-down. Go to the “Privacy” tab. Click the “Remove All Website Data” button to remove all stored website data and click “Remove Now” to confirm. To remove stored data by individual site, click on the “Details” button and select the sites with the stored data you wish to remove. Click “Remove” and then “Done”.
• For Opera selecting “Settings”, “Preferences”, “Advanced” and then “Cookies” and checking the “Delete new cookies when exiting Opera” and closing Opera when you have finished browsing will ensure the cookie information is kept in the browser.
Please note, doing this may limit the usability of many websites.